Stability chambers are rooms that are specifically designed for product testing under controlled environmental conditions. These chambers are also used to determine the shelf life of products such as drugs, electrical components, and industrial materials. It is required to keep the climatic conditions of temperature and humidity under control. Read More…
Russells Technical ProductsHolland, MI | 616-392-3161
Russells Technical Products has been designing and manufacturing environmental test chambers since 1972. With over 150 years of combined management experience, our company provides its customers with quality environmental test systems and advanced manufacturing techniques. Russells offers a variety of standard and custom designed chambers to meet your exact specifications.$$$
Cincinnati Sub-Zero (CSZ)Cincinnati, OH | 877-233-9871
We are leading environmental test chamber brand with over 78 years of experience designing environmental testing solutions. Over the years we have developed products for ease-of-use, reliability and performance designed to meet our customer’s testing needs and improve the safety and reliability of their products. We have a legacy of providing high quality solutions for temperature, humidity, altitude, thermal shock, combined environments, HALT/HASS and more; in sizes ranging from benchtop to large walk-in/drive-in chamber for full-vehicle testing. Please contact us today for more information!$$$
Thermotron IndustriesHolland, MI | 616-393-4580
A pioneer since 1962, Thermotron has been building the most recognizable environmental test equipment in the industry. Every chamber and shaker sold is handcrafted in West Michigan and comes with an intuitive controller. From automotive and defense, to electronics and medical industries, Thermotron has helped companies small and large create more reliable products. When you need to know whether your product(s) will stand the test of time, rely on proven test chamber from Thermotron.”$$$
Weiss TechnikGrand Rapids, MI | 800-368-4768
As a leader in the test chamber industry we believe our systems are ideal for your company. We manufacture models that come standard with many useful features for testing applications. We believe that our advanced technologies are essential to the reliability of our products and our quality customer service is perfect for your needs. Feel free to visit our website or give us a call to learn more!$$$
Hastest SolutionsSan Jose, CA | 408-945-7861
Hastest Solutions designs, manufactures and provides solutions for all environmental testing needs. For the full range of environmental test chambers, including HAST, temp/humidity, salt fog, solar radiation, high temp ovens, autoclave, and more.$$$
Isotech, Inc.Hatfield, PA | 800-314-3332
Isotech specializes in state-of-the-art environmental test chambers. With our standard and custom test chambers we strive to offer our clients products that are specifically designed to fit their needs. Isotech offers technical specifications like copper screen enclosures, RF signals, and USC-26 and USC-44 series panels.$$$
Environmental Chambers Power Pages
An altitude chamber is a test chamber that is designed to simulate the altitude, vacuum, and temperature of environmental conditions at heights that match the flight patterns of all forms of aircraft, from commercial to military...
A climate chamber is an enclosed space that provides a controlled set of circumstances for testing the impact of various environmental and climatic conditions on industrial goods, commercial products, electronic devices, materials, and biological matter...
A test chamber is a managed and controlled environment used to test the endurance, stability, and practicality of equipment, products, and chemicals. They are a controlled enclosure that mimics the effects of environmental conditions that a product may encounter during its usage...
An environmental chamber is an enclosure used to test the effects of a variety of conditions on a product, component, part, or assembly. These highly technical pieces of equipment are capable of simulating the types of conditions a product may face while in use...
A humidity chamber is a mechanism that examines how products react when exposed to variations in humidity. This type of environmental testing is used by manufacturers to test the various parameters of their products in the harshest of conditions...
A temperature chamber is a controlled environment capable of producing conditions that a product will encounter during its use. These highly controlled technical tools are able to produce the types of hazards, uses, and atmospheres a product may endure...
What Are Stability Chambers?
Different products need different environmental conditions for testing, and it is not feasible to move each product to other climatic conditions. Therefore, stability chambers are ideal because the environmental conditions can be changed according to the product under testing.
Construction of Stability Chambers
- The exterior of the stability chamber is made up of anti-corrosive stainless steel material.
- Sometimes, the front of these chambers is made of glass for easy viewing of the product without disturbing the inner environmental conditions.
- The rigid stainless steel structure is neatly joined with bolts and nuts.
- An insulation layer is present between the exterior and interior of these chambers.
- The stability chambers are provided with a varying number of steel mesh trays.
- Temperature and humidity control systems are installed in these chambers.
- For refrigeration, the stability chambers are equipped with CFC-free compressors.
- The heating process is done by air heaters present in the chambers.
- LED lights and other safety features are introduced in the chambers for smooth working.
Working Principle of Stability Chambers
- The stability chambers work on the principle of relative humidity.
- Relative humidity means the amount of water present in the air and how long the air can hold that water.
- Stability chambers work by maintaining a stable temperature and stable relative humidity.
- If the existing temperature increases, then the amount of water that air can also hold increases, resulting in decreased relative humidity.
- According to the ICH guidelines, the temperature of the stability chambers should not increase more than 1-2 degrees, and the relative humidity should not deviate more than 5%.
- The stability chambers have sensors attached for detecting temperature and humidity levels.
- As the environmental conditions are controlled in these chambers, uniform temperature and humidity conditions are generally maintained.
- For better uniformity of desired conditions, it is preferred to have horizontal laminar air flow. It assists in keeping air flowing through all the trays loaded with samples.
- Ports are present for the regular removal of exhaust air.
Types of Stability Chambers
There are four different types of stability chambers according to their applications. These are:
Environmental chambers are used to detect any defect in the product. These testing chambers can simulate various climatic conditions from dry, humid, corrosive, rainy or dusty conditions. These chambers can provide adjustable pressures and boost the effects of the sun.
Temperature-humidity chambers are also known as climatic test chambers, and they are used to simulate the effect that a range of temperature and humidity has on a product. These chambers come in a variety of sizes, from small boxes to room-size. The temperature and humidity ranges of these chambers are 163.4°F (73°C) to 374°F (190°C) and 10 and 98% respectively. These are used for products such as telecommunications equipment or photovoltaic solar panels.
Accelerated Testing Chambers
Accelerated testing chambers are the ones in which a product is stored at elevated stress conditions to increase deterioration rate rapidly. By observing the products at high temperature and humidity conditions for a predetermined time period, researchers can predict its shelf life and expiration date.
Photostability chambers are used for light testing of the products. These chambers closely monitor temperature, humidity (optional), and light intensity of various drugs. These chambers use fluorescent tubes for a daylight effect, but the lights automatically switch off when the chamber door is open.
Applications of Stability Chambers
- Stability chambers are widely used in research labs.
- Stability chambers are also used in pharmaceutical companies.
- Stability chambers are used to test various drugs and determine expiration dates.
- Stability chambers are also used to test extensive tools and production samples before launching them in markets.
Choosing a Stability Chamber
Choosing the right type of stability chamber is very important to offer the right testing conditions for the product. Therefore, there are certain parameters to consider before obtaining a stability chamber.
Temperature plays a vital role in stability chambers, so it is important that the chamber offer the required temperature range.
Another vital element of these chambers is the humidity range. Temperature and humidity range goes hand in hand. Therefore, a good humidity range according to the temperature is essential to consider.
Size of Chamber
The size of the chamber should be according to the client’s needs. There are two sizes of chamber. These are:
These are small-sized cabinet-like chambers used for a small number of products.
These are large, spacious chambers used to store numerous products for testing.
Choosing the Correct Stability Chamber Manufacturer
To ensure the most beneficial outcome when purchasing a stability chamber from a stability chamber manufacturer, it is important to compare several companies using our directory of stability chamber manufacturers. Each stability chamber manufacturer has a business profile page highlighting their areas of experience and capabilities, and a contact form to directly communicate with the manufacturer for more information or request a quote. Review each stability chamber business website using our patented website previewer to quickly learn what each business specializes in. Then, use our simple RFQ form to contact multiple stability chamber companies with the same form.